Thursday, July 29, 2010

Calpol Ad

More behind the scenes revelations on the wonderful world of professional illustration. I have been working on this British ad campaign for Johnson and Johnson. Its for Calpol - a baby fever reducer - and its a pretty clever idea. It shows babies sleeping like.. well, babies on illustrated quilts showing backgrounds of fluffy tranquil environments. Unfortunately under pressure of time and due to the complexity of actually making a real quilt out of an illustration, my work was simplified and simplified until very little was left of the original design.
Since this is the only place were you can see them, here are my original concepts:

and here is the final result:

Too bad but still pretty cute and the money was really good
so I'm just fine ;)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Project planter - day three

Yesterday all the parts came together and I LOVE it. It came out better then I thought and bigger (21 Inches/ 53cm long). The back panel was attached in no time but then I had a mini freak out when part of the front panel stuck to the table and tore off when I picked it up, so I had a big hole on the side but it was patched up quickly and looks fine. Next week bisque firing and then we enter the wonderful world of glazing.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Project Planter - day two

The back panel of the planter is finished.
Everything comes together on Wednesday

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cycling in London competition - the conclusion

So I didnt win anything... But! Before the judging even begun The London Transit Museum chose my illo to advertise the show so it was EVERYWHERE. That was very cool and is (as I now convinced myself) much better then winning! Come see the show if you're in London its opened till August 22nd. You can see the first 3 places and some other works here.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Project Planter - day one

Ok so as I mentioned before this is my new ceramics project - its a window sill planter with a relief design all around. Here are my sketches:

So as you can see it is oval shape. I am going to decorate 2 elongated flat panels - front and back - and when they are finished curve them around an oval base. That could be tricky hope it works. Today I have made 2 long panels on the slub machine and almost finished decorating the front one. Took almost 5 hours - complicated work. day 2 is going to be Wednesday. See you then

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back to ceramics

off the computer for a while to get my hands dirty. FUN! Not to mention extremely therapeutic. Here is a new Lady Godiva - Fat women on fat horses - oh how I love you so. On Friday I am starting work on a large planter with a birds and flowers design all around in relief. More pics coming soon.